An auto attendant is a virtual receptionist that can handle incoming calls and route them to the appropriate person or department. In Microsoft Teams, you can create an auto attendant using the Phone System feature. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to set one up:
- Go to the Microsoft Teams admin center and select “Phone System.”
- Click on “Auto Attendant” and select “New.”
- Give your auto attendant a name and select the phone number you want to use for it.
- Create a menu of options for callers by adding “greeting” and “menu items.” For example, you can have a greeting that says “Thank you for calling XYZ Company. For sales, press 1. For support, press 2. To speak with a representative, press 0.”
- Assign the appropriate team members or groups to each menu item. For example, if a caller presses 1 for sales, the call will be routed to the sales team.
- Set the operating hours for your auto attendant, so it only handles calls during certain times.
- Save your changes and activate the auto attendant.
An Auto Attendant is a great way to handle incoming calls in Microsoft Teams and route them to the appropriate person or department, providing a professional and efficient service to your customers. With this guide, you can easily create an auto attendant that will save time and increase productivity in your organization.
Frequently Asked Questions and Answers:
Can I record my own greeting for my auto attendant?
Yes, you can record your own greeting for your auto attendant in the Microsoft Teams admin center.
Can I change the menu options for my auto attendant later?
Yes, you can edit or update the menu options for your auto attendant at any time in the Microsoft Teams admin center.
Can I have multiple auto attendants for different departments or locations?
Yes, you can create multiple auto attendants in Microsoft Teams and assign them to different departments or locations.
Can I add or remove team members from the auto attendant menu items?
Yes, you can easily add or remove team members from the auto attendant menu items in the Microsoft Teams admin center.