Kolkata Knight Riders have received some bad news as their captain, Shreyas Iyer, will miss IPL 2023 due to a back injury. He will undergo surgery and may also miss the World Test Championship final 2023 as well. This unfortunate event has left the franchise in need of a new captain replace Shreyas Iyer.
Below is the injury list of players for IPL 2023:
Ruled out due to injuries:
- Jasprit Bumrah of Mumbai Indians.
- Jhye Richardson of Mumbai Indians.
- Rishabh Pant of Delhi Capitals.
- Jonny Bairstow of Punjab Kings.
- Will Jacks of Royal Challenge Banglore.
- Kyle Jamieson of Chennai Super Kings.
- Prasidh Krishna of Rajasthan Royals
In a Doubt:
- Mukesh Chaudhary of Chennai Super Kings.
- Mohsin Khan of Lucknow Super Giants.
- Shreyas Iyer of Kolkate Knight Riders.
Kolkata Knight Riders is considering all-rounder Sunil Narine ( West Indies) and Indian batsman Nitish Rana as potential candidates for captaincy. While Sunil Narine has been part of Kolkata Knight Riders since Year 2012, he has yet to lead the team. Secondly Rana joined Kolkata Knight Riders in Year 2018 but is not part of the leadership group. Nithish Rana has experience leading a state team, having captained Delhi in T20s and Ranji cricket.
Kolkata Knight Riders will soon declare their new captain and the player who will replace Injured Shreyas Iyer. The 16th edition of the IPL is set to begin on March 31, with Kolkata Knight Riders’s first match against Punjab Kings on April 1. The franchise will play their first home game against RCB on April 6. This will be the first time since 2019 that Kolkata Knight Riders will play a home fixture. The second round of matches for IPL 2023 is scheduled to take place from May 22 to 28.
In the last season of IPL, Kolkata Knight Riders failed to go beyond the league stage. As they prepare for the upcoming tournament, they will need to address the absence of their captain and find a strong replacement. Additionally, the team will be looking to make a strong comeback and compete for the IPL title.
Kolkata Knight Riders has suffered a major setback as their captain, Shreyas Iyer, will miss IPL 2023 due to a back injury. The franchise is considering Sunil Narine ( West Indies) and Nitish Rana as potential candidates for captaincy and will announce their decision soon. With the tournament set to begin on March 31, Kolkata Knight Riders will be looking to make a strong comeback and compete for the IPL title.
- Shreyas Iyer’s IPL 2023 Participation in Doubt BCCI Takes Strict Action Against NCA for Repeated Injuries
- KKR IPL 2023: Three Captaincy Options for KKR if Shreyas Iyer Misses IPL This Season
- Shreyas Iyer’s back injury and his potential absence from the upcoming IPL 2023.
- KKR Team IPL 2023 Player List
- IPL Team Captains 2023 Who Will Lead the Way? A Comprehensive Analysis
Don’t forget to support us by following us on Google News or Returning to the home page TopicsTalk
Join Telegram for More updates
Follow us on social media